You are an experienced Labourer who takes pride in safe work practices. You have previous experience working within a commercial construction environment and aren’t afraid of an honest days work.
- Conduct groundwork including shovelling snow, raking, pumper water, and prepping ground for concrete
- Act as a spotter for heavy equipment
- Lift, carry and move building material, equipment and supplies, etc.
- Assist carpenters with forming and stripping concrete forms. Perform tasks on the labour crew to support general construction.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Assist the Carpenters and Carpenter Helpers
- Assist in building forms and stripping forms (Engineered Wood Prefabbed Forms, Peri, Doka, Skyway, TAblA, Aluminum scaffold )
- Operating hand tools and power actuated tools
- Assist in installing heating/hoarding, temporary fencing, guardrails, handrails and barriers as required
- Participating in daily tool-box talks
- Participating in weekly safety meetings
- reporting supervision of unsafe conditions or acts that may be a hazard or a danger is everyone’s responsibility
- Read, interpret and act on instructions from supervision
- Preparing layout including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work.
- Assist in installing shoring
- Ensuring tools and equipment are returned to job boxes and tool cribs.
- Must have PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and Hand tools
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to work in all weather
- Workers must be punctual and reliable
- Must be willing to learn and consistently grow as an individual
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Able to commute to any of our site locations throughout the Metro Vancouver area, Fraser Valley, Tri-cities and Greater Vancouver, Richmond, Maple Ridge, Mission Chilliwack, Burnaby, North Vancouver, Port Moody, Coquitlam, White-Rock, Surrey, and Squamish, etc.
- Level I First Aid is not required, but is an asset
- Boom/Scissor Lift and Fall Protection training is not required, but is an asset
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
***(If you are currently going though a hardship and you need assistance (eg: You don’t own and can’t afford a Certified CSA Hard Hat) please contact the head office, to see how we can help you make it easier to join our team. ***
- Typical 5 days a week. 6 days when required
- Overtime may be required to meet construction deadlines
- Must be open to night shifts when required
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by Pacific Blue Cross – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverages)
|Job Category||Full-Time, Part-Time|