You will be responsible for assembling manufactured forms, made from steel, wood or heavy plastic, building the molds that retain wet concrete in the construction of foundations and other concrete structures. In the case of high-rises, curbs, plater walls and tall structures, form-workers must build new forms on top of previously poured concrete – slip-forming: repetitive process of forming, pouring, forming and pouring.
- Building forms and stripping forms (Engineered Wood Prefabbed Forms, Peri, Doka, Skyway, TAblA, )
- Operating hand tools and power actuated tools
- Installing heating/hoarding, temporary fencing, guardrails, handrails and barriers as required
- Participating in daily tool-box talks
- Participating in weekly safety meetings
- Advising supervision of unsafe conditions or acts that may be a hazard or a danger
- Read, interpret and act on instructions from supervision
- Preparing layout including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work.
- Installing shoring
- Ensuring tools and equipment are returned to job boxes and tool cribs.
- Reporting all incidents/accidents
- Must have PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and Hand tools
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to work in all weather
- Workers must be punctual and reliable
- Must be willing to learn and consistently grow as an individual
- Able to commute to any of our site locations throughout the Metro Vancouver area, Fraser Valley, Tri-cities and Greater Vancouver, Richmond, Maple Ridge, Mission Chilliwack, Burnaby, North Vancouver, Port Moody, Coquitlam, White-Rock, Surrey, and Squamish, etc.
- Typical 5 days a week. 6 days when required
- Overtime may be required to meet construction deadlines
- Must be open to night shifts when required
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by Pacific Blue Cross – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverages)
|Job Category||Full-Time, Part-Time|
|Pay Scale||$25 - $30 per hour|